APUSH >>> Today, you will work through a series of primary and secondary sources in an analysis of the Transformation of the West and the effects this time period had on Native American populations.
On a google doc, titled Transformation of the West & the Great Plains Tribes, you will complete the following exercises:
1) Watch the video linked HERE and answer the following questions.
A) Research and describe what the Concentration Policy was?
B) What significance did the rapid expansion of transcontinental railroads play the relationship the federal government had with the Great Plains Indian Tribes?
C) Describe what the Ghost Dance was?
D) What occurred at Wounded Knee?
2) Read/Listen to the following excerpt of a speech given by one Chief Joseph and answer the questions below.
Go to this link HERE to listen to a recording and read the excerpt.
A) Research and describe what the DAWES ACT was?
B) What are Chief Joseph’s complaints about the treatment of his people?
C) Give an example of what ASSIMILATION looks like? Was Chief Joseph in favor of assimilation? Explain your answer.
D) Research and determine what year all Native Americans gain the right to vote in the United States.
APHUG >>> You guys will be responsible for completing this TED-ED, linked below, by the end of this weekend.
APUSH >>> Look at the following image and excerpt. In your group answer the following questions on a piece of paper and be ready to share out with the class.
You will be crafting a report titled, Who are the Robber Barons and Captains of Industry. The format is up to you but must address the following:
DUE: Tuesday, Jan. 12th
APUSH >>> Today, please turn in yesterday's homework in the basket. We will begin our study of the next era in American history called the Gilded Age. Following the link to your TED-ED.
APUSH >>> We will first discuss how to approach writing a proper Essay Thesis Statement and Essay. Then you will use the evidence you researched yesterday to begin drafting your essay responses.
APUSH >>> Welcome back, People! I'd like to get your feedback from last semester. Take about 5 minutes to please respond to the following questions:
Semester One Feedback: Take your time and be honest and specific in your responses.
1. What was your biggest challenge in the first semester of AP U.S. History? Why?
2. What was a favorite assignment, activity, lesson format or topic from the first semester of AP U.S. History? Why?
3. What will you do differently in your second semester of AP U.S. History? Why?
4. What are some constructive suggestions for this semester? What will help you learn and prepare for your AP Exam and EOC Exam in May?
The link below will help us review and practice the steps we need to take to form a proper Essay Response.