*If you need to see the REVIEW VIDEO again...look back to 8/27 Post for link.
Spanish Contact and Colonization
1) What was the Spanish mentality leading into exploration and colonization?
2) What was the Spanish King and Queen's end-goal for sending out explorers like Columbus and Cortes?
3) Who were PENINSULARES, CREOLES, MESTIZOS and INDIOS? What was the "rules" concerning these groups?
4) Las Casas' Point Of View is unique and brings up concerns when looking at his account of the treatment of Natives at the hands of the Spanish. What is this concern and why is it important to take into account?
(2) IDENTIFY AND INFER (20 min.)
You will need to take out your MAP 1.2 - North Amer. Indian Tribes Map and use the link below to IDENTIFY and LABEL each of the Native Groups listed on your map.
Each of the tribes you identified had distinct rituals, traits and other unique cultural characteristics. What activities are dictated by their physical location and how much does their physical environment determine aspects of their culture?
(3) Comparison of European Contact ~