After today's introduction to Agricultural Geography, your table group will create a Google Slides Presentation with a VISUAL for each of the following terms and a ANSWER CLUE for each term. I will be picking from each group terms to create a KAHOOTS and for each term your group's clue is used for, you will receive extra points!
1) Subsistence Farming
2) Hunter Gathers
4) Commercial Farming
6) Fertile Crescent
7) Shifting Cultivation
9) Plantation Farming
APUSH >>> Today, you will do two POLITICAL topics addressed during the transition from the Gilded Age to the Progressive Era : The Rise and Fall of the Populist Party & The Spanish American War.
1) Rise and Fall of the Populist Party
Watch the short Video Below:
- A.) Define Populism and explain what the POLITICAL agenda was for the Populist Party? Who were two important figures that rose as the party leaders?
- B.) When was the party established and what did the Party what to achieve?
- C) When did the party fade and eventually end and why?
2) The Spanish American War : On the same Google Slides/Presentation, create a chronological timeline of the events of this short but important war.
A.) Include the definitions of ISOLATIONISM, NATIONALISM, and IMPERIALISM
B.) What event(s) caused the United States to declare war with Spain? What was the USS Maine and what events occurred after it's demise?
C.) What objectives did the Unites States want to achieve in this war? What was the outcome of the war?